From last week…
- All that we have belongs to God
- Everything that belongs to God should be used with regard for him
“Give me neither poverty nor riches” (Prov 30:8)
- How do we respond to the gap between the wealthy and the poor?
- How do we respond as those who are (by and large) not poor?
Is wealth bad?
- In the OT in particular, wealth is often a sign of favour
- Having money, however, is not necessarily a mark of good character.
Be aware of the dangers of wealth…
- It never satisfies-It is uncertain
- You can’t take it with you
Are we obliged to help the poor?
Applying the principles to wealth
- Money is God’s… how should we use it?
- The rich man and Lazarus: luxury and opportunity
- The gospel should transform our character and behaviour