“no one did anything about it”
Titus 1:9 “He must hold firmly to the trust worthy message as it has been taught, so he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it”
1) Believe the bible
2) Encourage others with God’s word
3) Refute and oppose false teaching
The impact of false teaching
Titus 1: 11, “They must be silenced because they are ruining whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach”
Titus 1:10 … “rebellious, mere talkers and deceivers”
What is false teaching?
So what is the Godly response to false teachers?
Titus 1:9 … refute
Titus 1:11 … muzzled
Titus 1:13 … rebuke sharply
What is the aim of this response?
Titus 1:14 … warning others
Titus 1:13 … return to saving faith
But there is more!
1) Understand the climate of our church today
2) Clarify what is actually taught or believed (both publically and privately)
3) Stand firm on the truth
4) Be prepared to for verbal slurs
5) Keep the bible open
6) Do not allow fresh revelation of how God now wants us to live
7) Do not keep sitting under false teaching … it will corrupt you
8) Doctrine is not a dirty word but it will radically change the way you live